No, not the marriage license or rings, but still there are a few items that people always seem to forget. Take care of these now and make your life a lot easier.
1. A place to put cards that are given as gifts. Whether you use a customized cardbox, or just a nice glass fishbowl, have a secure place for guests to put their cards so they don't fall under the gift table or blow away.
2. A good guest book pen. Make sure it does not smear easily and has acid-free, archival quality ink.
3. Someone to handle final payments and tips or gratiuities. Most payments are due before the day of your wedding, but there may be last minute changes, overtime, or just a tip for the hairstylist that would be best if payment is given the day of. Don't be in charge of this though -- hand this task over to the best man or the wedding planner.
4. A vase or vases to display the bride's and bridesmaids' bouquets.
5. To go boxes for leftover food and cake. Many counties have health department restrictions on food that can be taken away after it has been left out for a period of time, so check with your caterer about what happens to leftovers and whether or not you will need to provide the containers.
Have you been the member of a wedding party? Can you think of any items you forgot or wish you had? Please post your comments below for the Portland Wedding Coordinator.